Scheduled Task Settings
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. In a scheduled task there is a setting under the settings tab called "Stop the task if it runs longer than:" does anyone know a way to change that setting other than manually? (script, registry, etc)
April 19th, 2011 10:59am

What do you want it changed to? I am not clear what you are trying to accomplish, sorry.*a
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 19th, 2011 11:46am

No problem, thanks for the reply :) The default setting is set to 3 days, I want to set it set to 8 hours, I have 5000 locations that I want to change it in. I need some kind of automated way to do this, really any of the settings in a scheduled task i would need to know how to change automatically.
April 19th, 2011 12:19pm

I havent found a way to do this via GPO - my guess would have something to do with the fact that it is not Task aware. Instead, move this post to the Scripting Guys Forum. My recommend approach would be to create the *new* script and copy to all servers, deleting the old one in the process. I would not attempt to modify the existing one. If money is not an issue, I wuold recommend: http://www.visualcron.com. Sometimes, my time is not worth coming up with a "one-off" solution, but rather have something in place that is re-usable in different ways. *a
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 19th, 2011 1:45pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics