Scheduled Task Error 0xFFFFFFFF

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea why the DTS Data Warhousing task returns with the above error code? Its scheduled in Task Scheduler to run at 1AM and the last result it gives the above error. Is there anything anyone can help with troubleshooting the error?

Also what exactly does this task do? Does it move data from the OnePoint Database to the SystemCenterReporting Database?

Many Thanks

James

June 29th, 2011 5:07pm

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

The error code 0xFFFFFFFF indicates ERROR_UNHANDLED_ERROR. As we see, it means nothing to us.

In this case, please perform the steps provided in the following thread to re-configure the DTS Data Warhousing task

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Forefrontclientsetup/thread/b4d0537b-a2a6-4a72-bb38-14b288efba4a

Hope this helps.

Miles

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2011 12:11pm

Hello Miles, 

If we get this unhandled error, then can we set up a re-schedule setting for that task? 

If Windows recognized that the task errored out by showing this error message, then should it not re-run if the settings are made such? I have been getting this error for a task, and I have tried 'If the task fails, restart every' setting checked for the task,but no luck.

Maybe I am missing something. Do share your thoughts.

Thanks

February 13th, 2015 8:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics