Schedule a reboot on Windows 2008 R2
I would like to schedule a reboot on Windows 2008 R2 on a monthly basis. What tool can I make use of?
July 14th, 2010 10:28am

you can use the taks scheduler and use the command line tool "shutdown". use shutdown /? in the console window for the options
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 14th, 2010 10:31am

Hello, personal i am against uncontrolled server reboots. Better do it manual to be sure it works correct after restarting. Especially if this server is used for critical server roles or applications, DC or Exchange for example.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
July 14th, 2010 10:44am

Hello, personal i am against uncontrolled server reboots. Better do it manual to be sure it works correct after restarting. Especially if this server is used for critical server roles or applications, DC or Exchange for example. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. Easy enough if you have ~10 servers and not 100.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 8th, 2011 7:24pm

This person was asking for an answer not an opinion. For all you know, he wanted his test servers rebooted on a monthly basis.
December 7th, 2012 8:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics