Scanning of network to get all MS Office installed
Hello, I want to scan my network to get MS Office(version,types) that has been installed on each individual PCs. Any specific tool that can do the job? I'm currently using Microsoft Software Inventory Analyzer v 5.0.0.0 but it is not giving the results i want. I have MS Office Standard Edition 2003, MS Office 2002 installed on PCs....but the MSIA tool is only giving me PCs having MS Office Standard Edition 2003 and not MS Office 2002 etcc. Please help out.
June 22nd, 2011 4:51am

You can latest Microsoft Assessment Planning Tool ( MAP). it scans the network, its the next version of msia. if you have sccm 2007, it can give u better results. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/dd537566Thanks Uday Kiran, Senior Consultant Cyquent Technology Consultants, Dubai Please Mark as answer if it helps you
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2011 5:01am

Thanks Uday... i'm not able to install the MAP tool....i'm having "Prerequisites not found" MS Word 2007 SP2 or MS Word 2010 RC or newer MS Word Primary Interop Assemblies MS Excel 2007 SP2 or MS Excel 2010 RC or newer MS Excel Primary Interop Assemblies infact i have MS Office 2007. any workaround? any other tool that can be used with MS Office 2007? Thanks...
June 22nd, 2011 6:00am

try installing SP2 for office 2007 or install office 2010 trial version from below link http://www.microsoft.com/uk/smallbusiness/campaigns/office2010/ Thanks Uday Kiran, Senior Consultant Cyquent Technology Consultants, Dubai Please Mark as answer if it helps you
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2011 6:09am

Hello Uday, Have been able to install all the required pre-requisites to run the tool. But the tool is not giving me the result I want. the tool has scanned my network etc.... but i want to specify a range of IP addresses whereby it will scan and give me the different types of MS office installed. Thanks.
June 30th, 2011 4:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics