Scan websites/webapplications

Hi!

Has been given a task to inventory all websites in our company before a upgrade to IE11.

Need as much information as possible to identify what webpplikation is and does to be able to test them in IE11.

Grateful if anyone has suggestions on how I can do this?

August 28th, 2015 7:16am

Hi Ivanhoe,

I recommend buying a prayer-rug and a a crystal ball.

Lacking that, you can probably fall back to scanning for WebServer services on each computer, checking somehow what websites/webapplication they publish on what binding using what protocol (that'll be service-specific). When you have found each website and -application, you will then have to check them against IE11 compatibility.

That means you will ...

• Need to learn the actual requirements
  • Figure out how to check compliance with these requirements
  • Automate the test and comparison.

Or, alternatively, you could simply install IE11 somewhere and manually check each site & application (if your numbers are small enough for manual work).

Personally, I was always fond of prayer-rugs, especially the smooth, padded ones that don't hurt your knees after half an hour.

Cheers,
Fred

Note: This is some serious task you got there, not something easily done away with with a simple s

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 28th, 2015 7:40am

To learn how to build and use compatibility in web sites you need to post in the web server developer forum for your web server.  This is a developer issue and not a scripting issue.  There are standard methods used by developers to validate browser compatibility. There is no magic command to do this.

Start here http://forums.iis.net/

August 28th, 2015 10:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics