Safe mode reboot through remote location.
I'm able to communicate with the server (Win2k3 std) through ping command but unable to take RDP from my end and i want to reboot the server in safe mode but remotely... What should i do?Please reply...
August 1st, 2009 8:11am

HiCheck the firewall settings & Port. Beyond that, Are you able to ping the hostname between ofboth server? Please look this urlhttp://www.computing.net/answers/networking/able-to-ping-but-unable-to-see-comp/24890.htmlHopes this help..Deva All good things come to those who wait......
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 1st, 2009 8:47am

Hi, According to the description, I know you can ping the server but can't RDP to it from your end. However, I am not clear about your following concern. -------------------------- "i want to reboot the server in safe mode but remotely" -------------------------- In order to perform the further research, please provide more information about your environment and your concern. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
August 3rd, 2009 10:33am

why do you want to reboot the server in "safe mode" remotely?use commandShutdown -iyou will get teh GUI screen connect to the server and reboot.more if you want to logon in safe mode you need to use the server's tool like ILO if its HP, Dell open view if its DELL etc .
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 3rd, 2009 5:23pm

Thanks for the reply,Ihave resolved the issue. I'm using LMI tool for remote connectivity and safe mode rebooting option is available with this tool.Regards,Optimus T.
August 4th, 2009 9:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics