Safari 8.0 (Yosemite) and ADFS 3.0 Support

We have several users that are now running the latest version of Safari 8.0 (Yosemite Release) on their Macs.  When they try to login to Office 365 and they are redirected to our ADFS 3.0 portal the page just seems to ... hang ... and never completes.  Users can switch to Chrome on the Mac and it works as expected.  Is there something within the ADFS configuration or within the Safari (client-side) configuration that needs to be updated?

Thanks in advance...

October 17th, 2014 1:41pm

Hard to tell without traces and your claim configuration. My first bet would be that Safari does not allow large cookies to be sent. Therefore, depending on what you put on the number of claims you have and their size, you might reach the limitation of this browser. You can try to reduce the number of claims (especially the pass-through for the SIDs of all the group the users belongs to... Unless you are actually needing this one...). 

It seems that it is more a Safari issue than a Directory Service issue though...

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 17th, 2014 10:43pm

Thanks for the response.  I too am convinced it is specific to Safari as a browser.  If you run Chrome on the same machine there are no issues.  I can't decide if I should change anything in the ADFS configuration, but rather push back to Apple Safari support.
October 20th, 2014 1:17pm

Hi,

Do you have any progress at the moment?

Best Regards,

Amy

October 28th, 2014 6:44am

I've had no progress at all.  I've also posted this out on the Apple discussion forums but no responses: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6612300  I'm not quite sure how to make any inroads into the Apple developers to see if this could come to a resolution.
October 28th, 2014 12:15pm

This fixed most of my issues:  http://blog.kloud.com.au/2014/11/06/implementing-adfs-v3-0-forms-authentication-in-mixed-environments/

I know it's been quite some time since these posts were made but I thought it may be helpful to mention this here.

August 4th, 2015 9:03pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics