SYSVOL folders inconsistency among DC, dfsr service is running but replication is being stopped. Also dns registration of gc_msdcs.DOMAIN 600 IN A IP Failed.

Hi,

I am currently getting 3 errors that I believe are interlinked. We have 6 DC's with Windows Server 2012 and all 5 DC's have one to one relationship in terms of Site Links to DC1.

Whenever I apply Group Policy Update I get the error 1058:

The Processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\Domain\sysvol\domainfolder\Policies\{GUID}\gpt.ini

I am also getting ERROR 5774 Netlogon:

The Dynamic Registration of DNS record 'gc._msdcs.DomainName' 600 IN A #IPAddress failed on the following DNS Server:

#DNS_IP

RETURNED RESPONSE CODE (RCODE) 5

RETURNED STATUS CODE: 9017

For the first Error I have tested the SYSVOL folders and I have found that DC1 SYSVOL updated GPO's didn't get replicated to other DC's. Some of these GPO's have been deleted whose GUID folders are still seen in DC2-6. 2 new GPO's created in DC1 are missing in DC2-6.

I ran dcdiag test:connectivity, dcdiag test:replication, checked the site links properties made sure they are bridged, ran repadmin and they all have returned positive results.

I am thinking to manually copy the Updated SYSVOL folders to the remaining DC's but I am not sure if there is a better way to make sure DC1 pushes out updated Group Policy settings.

In regards to the second error I have checked my "master" DNS records and I see DNS record for each site:

dc._msdcs.DOMAIN.

Service: ldap

Point to Server: DC#.DomainName.

I am not sure why this error is still generating.

If someone can help me out I would really appreciate it. 

Thank you

January 30th, 2015 8:07pm

> The Processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the > file \\Domain\sysvol\domainfolder\Policies\{GUID}\gpt.ini   Sysvol replication is broken. Possibly due to...   > The Dynamic Registration of DNS record 'gc._msdcs.DomainName' 600 IN A > #IPAddress failed on the following DNS Server: > RETURNED RESPONSE CODE (RCODE) 5   ...maybe a broken secure channel password, so this DC cannot authenticate neither with himself or any other DC.   If you can logon to the affected DC as an administrator:   netdom resetpwd /server:<working-DC> /userd:<DomainAdmin> /passwordd:<guess what :)>   Anyway: Check DFSR eventlogs for possible other causes for broken repliaction.   BTW: dcdiag replication only checks AD replication, not Sysvol.  
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 2nd, 2015 3:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics