SUBINACL getting access denied
Im trying to get this utility to just display information of the service. Im typing subinacl /service mstdc and I get an error 5 access denied C:\temp>subinacl /service msdtc msdtc - OpenService Error : 5 Access is denied. Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00 Done: 1, Modified 0, Failed 1, Syntax errors 0 Last Done : msdtc Last Failed: msdtc - OpenService Error : 5 Access is denied. If I run the same command for DHCP service it gives me all the security. I am running it under the administrator. Is there somewhere in the registry where I can fix this for the MSDTC ??? Thanks.
February 3rd, 2011 2:05pm

Hello, unfortunal you didn't mention the used OS version. Please make sure to open an elevated command prompt(RUNAS), even as administrator.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2011 3:28am

Hello, I agree with Meinolf. As error: 5 Access is denied cause due to permission issue. Open Command Prompt in elevated mode, change the directory to the folder containing subinacl.exe and then run the following command: subinacl /service msdtc /grant="Network Service"=QSETIL The meaning of the letters (can be found as well in the subinacl.htm file in the subinacl’s installation folder): Q : Query Service Configuration S : Query Service Status E : Enumerate Dependent Services T : Start Service I : Interrogate Service L : Read Control For more information, please refer to the following article: Managing Accounts and Privileges http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770953(WS.10).aspx Enable Network Access Securely for MS DTC http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753620(WS.10).aspx Thanks
February 4th, 2011 7:06am

You are correct looks like it was a persmission issue that was messsing me up the whole time. It was an Domain GPO putting all kinds of permission to the services. I took the Server of the GPO and everything worked. At least I learned more about new utisl like Subinacl and psservice. What a mission . thanks!
February 4th, 2011 12:11pm

Hello, hopefully it was not a DC you have moved to another OU. This is NOT recommended. Multiple background steps are set to check the domain controllers OU for DCs only.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
February 5th, 2011 6:24am

Oh no , it was just a member server on its own OU. so no biggie. but good to know. Thanks.
February 7th, 2011 9:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics