STAND ALONE DOMAIN CONTROLLER WINDOWS 2008 SERVER
TRYING TO MAKE A SERVER 2008 A DOMAIN CONTROLLER WITHOUT ANY CONNECTION, ASSIGNED A STATIAC ADDRESS BUT DCPROMO SAYS THE ADAPTER HAS NO IP ADDRESS
February 27th, 2010 10:26am

Add microsfot loopback adaptor and try it should work.Start -> Computer -> Right-click, Properties -> Device Manager -> Computer Name, Right-click, Add Legacy Hardware -> Next -> Install the hardware I manually select from a list -> Next -> Network Adapters -> Microsoft on the right, Loopback adapter on the left -> Next
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 27th, 2010 10:48am

In the absense of an adapter connected to the network, you can easily add a "Loopback" adapter. Just assign it an IP address.Additionally, if you do not want to add this virtual adapter, you can always physical plug a "Loopback" adapter into the server's NIC. You can even build one yourself if you know how to work with CAT5 cable. It basically creating a cross-over cable with one plug.However, my recommendation is to go with Syed's proposal. It simple and easy, and it will work.Just in the unlikely event that anyone may be is interested in creating a Loopback Plug (use this type of plug where a virtual loopback adapter is not an option):Cat5 Loopback Connector Wire 1 to 3 and 2 to 6. Twist the ends of 1 & 3 and 2 & 6 and then use a 1" section of heat shrink tubing to cover the exposed wire. Visit my blog: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
February 27th, 2010 6:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics