SSRS show form ask for user input (similar to checkbox) and hide a page

Hello,

I have a requirement from the end user where, they want to display a set of agreement policy and after they check the "I agree" checkbox (may be a button) they can continue to access the report. If they dont agree i.e. the checkbox or button is not clicked, the report would not be displayed.

I gathered from the various posts in the forum that a checkbox is not included in SSRS 2008 R2. Hence, I wanted to know if there is any other way to do the above. The basic idea is that the user needs to agree on the terms and conditions in order to proceed to run the report.

Thanks in advance.

June 22nd, 2015 5:34pm

Not sure you can do this inherently from within SSRS. It is probably more feasible to do with a standard web page that acts as a landing page for SSRS with the agreement policy. If a user agrees then that user is redirected to the SSRS site, otherwise he/she is denied access.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2015 6:15pm

I would advise using an ASP.NET page which uses the ReportViewer control to render a SSRS report onto a webpage.  You can then build your own code around the license agreements to ensure that the functions are correctly captured.

Failing this, you could attempt to add a Parameter to the report which would allow you to have a prompt set as something like "License Agreement" and then have a drop down box showing true or false.  You would then have to find a way of linking to the license agreement terms.  Having said that, i don't think this will meet your needs...I think that Joie Andrew was closest!

I have done quite a lot of work around rendering SSRS reports within an ASP.NET app so if you need some pointers let me know.

Cheers.

June 22nd, 2015 6:26pm

1. Create a Boolean variable

2. Display check-box using ASCII codes in a textbox and use textbox action property to toggle values of the boolean variable and character for Checkbox(Checked / Unchecked)

http://www.alanwood.net/demos/wingdings.html

If you don't like ASCII codes then try using images of check-box and apply same logic to them.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2015 6:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics