SSRS report auto refresh

Hi,

Is there any way to set auto refresh of a ssrs report on change in database values from backend?

Thanks in advance....

• Moved by GregGallowayMVP Tuesday, July 07, 2009 2:32 PM is SSRS question (From:SQL Server Analysis Services)
July 7th, 2009 10:37am

Hi ,

When you create a SSRS report and publish it to report server and view the report it fetches data from the database at that point in time.Therefore it is real time.

One scenario might be that you are looking for auto generation of report whenever some data changes in the back end. You can schedule a report in Reporting services for a specific time when you know the data refresh happens so that it gets emailed to a select group of users or it is deleivered to a file share.
  • Marked as answer by a.Net fan Wednesday, July 08, 2009 9:08 AM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 7th, 2009 11:53am

Thanks Hemanth...
July 8th, 2009 9:08am

Hi Hemanth,

I have similar quesion.
1) I want my SSRS report auto refresh the Data every 30 seconds. How do I so that?
2) Also for the same Report, when User click on Designate field then the Report willUPDATE the Table.
For instance, Process = 1 (Process is one of the Field in the table that feed the data to the Report)
Can SSRS update the table?

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks. Yumi

November 10th, 2009 5:33pm

Hello YumiPhx,

regarding the auto refresh, the Report element has an AutoRefresh property. Set its value to 30 and the report should auto-refresh every 30 seconds.

HTH,
Robert
November 10th, 2009 7:50pm

HI Robert,
I tried it and it works fine.
Thanks a lot for your help,
Yumi
November 12th, 2009 9:54pm

Hi All,

I want my SSRS report auto refresh the Data every 30 seconds.  How do I so that?
Where is that Report Element (the Report element has an AutoRefresh property). Is it in Design View like layout or after deploying. Please let me know.

Thanks,

May 5th, 2010 6:56am

You can find this property in design view in the property grid when you select the overall Report.  If the property grid is not visible, use F4 in BI Dev Studio, or turn it via the ribbon in Report Builder.

HTH,
Robert

May 5th, 2010 7:53am

Hi Robert

I discovered this autorefresh feature earlier today - but I want to go to the next page of the report - is there a way to do that - then once the last page is reached, go back to page 1?

(I have searched all over the web today for a solution, so excuse the intrusion on this post :-)

June 8th, 2011 6:41pm

Hi Robert,

Did you found the solution for the above problem. Me also facing the same issue.

Kindly let me know if you found any solution

Thanks in Advance,

Madhava

March 28th, 2013 11:47am

Thanks
September 7th, 2015 8:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics