Hi!

Trying to set up a SCSM environment but having problem with this step: 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh519664.aspx

My lab environment:

SCSM1:

Management server and SSRS server

SCSM2:

Datawarehouse server

I have server 2012 and SQL server 2012 Sp1.

The problem is when i do the steps above and restarts SSRS i get this error:

If i revert the changes in rssrvpolicy.config and restart the service works fine again so its something in there. From SSRS log when i get the error:

appdomainmanager!DefaultDomain!580!03/24/2013-15:32:20:: e ERROR: AppDomain ReportServer_MSSQLSERVER_0 failed to start. Error: Could not load file or assembly 'ReportingServicesWebServer, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)) (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\web.config line 14)

Web.config line 14

<add assembly="ReportingServicesWebServer" />

I have uploaded the files:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=BFF5F3DA494E8807!105

Any ideas? :)

March 24th, 2013 5:49pm

Same exact problem and have not found a solution. Have edited the <rooturl> in the rsserver.config file, which some people recommended for that error for reporting services, but did not resolve the issue.  Is this a SCSM 2012 SP 1 but on SQL 2012?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 10th, 2013 11:57pm

Were you able to resolve this? If so, please advise. We are implementing SCSM 2012 SP1 w/ Update Rollup 2 and are experiencing the same issue.

Would it be faster to wipe out my DW and reload from the ground up?

• Server 2008 R2 w/ SP1
  • SQL2012 SP1
  • SCSM 2012 SP1 w/ UR2 (UR2 won't install either)
  • SQL is seperate from MGT Servers (4 Server deployment - 1 X MGT, 1 X MGTDB, 1 X DW, 1 X DWDB)
  • Reporting services is on the DW DB
  • DW is registered in the console
  • Fresh OOB Install of SCSM 2012

The following is the text from Event Viewer

Failed to initialize the AppDomain:ReportServer_MSSQLSERVER_0

Exception: System.Web.HttpException

Message: Could not load file or assembly 'ReportingServicesWebServer, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant permission to execute. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131418) (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\web.config line 14)

StackTrace:    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallAppInitializeMethod()

at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

InnerException: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException

Message: Could not load file or assembly 'ReportingServicesWebServer, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant permission to execute. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131418) (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\web.config line 14)

StackTrace:    at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)

at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai)

at System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName)

at System.Web.Compilation.ApplicationBuildProvider.GetGlobalAsaxBuildResult(Boolean isPrecompiledApp)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileGlobalAsax()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()

InnerException: System.IO.FileLoadException

Message: Could not load file or assembly 'ReportingServicesWebServer, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant permission to execute. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131418)

StackTrace:    at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)

InnerException: System.Security.Policy.PolicyException

StackTrace:    at System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Boolean checkExecutionPermission)

at System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Int32& securitySpecialFlags, Boolean checkExecutionPermission)

June 3rd, 2013 8:58pm

Hi.

I had this stupid error in my lab.. I had forgotten to create the Reporting Services Database.. Same error and it disappeared when I created the DB via Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

June 13th, 2013 4:16pm

Same issue here.  Fresh install of everything, no errors during the install process.

• SCSM 2012 SP1
    SM on 2008 R2 SP1
  • DW on 2008 R2 SP1
  • SM and DW databases on same SQL Server
  • SQL 2012 SP1 on 2008 R2 SP1

June 21st, 2013 3:03am

The fix for me turned out to be using the 'copy' link in the codeboxes on the technet article, instead of selecting the code and doing a right-click copy.  Looks identical either way but I guess some sort of hidden character or something must be coming through if you don't use the 'copy' link.
July 8th, 2013 11:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics