SSRS migration tool questions.

Greetings. I have a few questions on this thing:

My first question can actually be found here. I realize trying to draw attention to another question that doesn't have any answers may prove pointless, but figured I'd take a shot. I really want this tool to retain the passwords, and that appears the way to make it happen.

Other questions:

Are there any other really good options to this tool, specifically for migrating to an Integrated environment?

Is there a way to tell this tool to only migrate specific folders?

Thanks!

August 21st, 2015 1:42pm

Hi ChrisRDBA,

According to your description, you want to migrate a specific folder from a report server to an SharePoint Integrated environment, right?

In Reporting Services, when the Reporting Services Migration Tool use WMI to connect to the remote instance, if the connection cannot be made, native report server URL must be specified. So in your scenario, please check the server you specified in the code contains a native mode instance, make sure you are able to access the report server using native report server URL. Then please use report server URL instead of instance name to export items from the source report server. For more information about how to use Reporting Services Migration Tool to migrate items from the native report server to SharePoint Integrated mode, please refer to this article: Migrating Content Between Report Servers.

Besides, we can also use Reporting Services RSS Script that copies content items from one SSRS report server to another, and supports both SharePoint mode and Native mode report servers. For more information, please refer to this article: Sample Reporting Services rs.exe Script to Copy Content between Report Servers.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 2:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics