SSRS Reporting on A SharePoint server

All...

A bit confused and looking for assistance - New to SSRS, and thrust into an immediate task generation...

I am accessing SSRS Report Wizard via a SharePoint connection.  The Shared DataSource has been created and is accessible via the Report Server connection.  I can successfully build the Dataset based on field selection, with all filtering being applied at the dataset level, and I can successfully generate the expected results under the Query Designer - however when I insert a 'new table' into the Report Page and use the Table Wizard to place the fields in Row / Column and Values segments of the Wizard and then subsequently close the Wizard and execute the Report the page returns with no generated results. 

I've tried building a new report without the Wizard, simply inserting a Table and dragging the fields to the respective segments and still no results are generated...  this is a very simple query, any ideas that I can r

June 22nd, 2015 5:09pm

So a table displays data from a dataset. When you go to the properties of the dataset and run it in Query Designer do you get any results back?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2015 6:24pm

Yes - Running the query standalone in the Query Designer I get the details that I would expect to populate in the table
June 22nd, 2015 6:31pm

Resolved the issue and I am now able to obtain output from both the Query Designer and the Report Wizard Table -

However, the resolution could be one of 2 things as I unfortunately did not maintain strict testing protocols...  ;>(

I followed the instructions found in a similar reporting challenge via the attached url exchange which recommended deleting the .rdl file and starting a new report document... (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19152449/ssrs-not-displaying-data-but-displays-data-when-query-runned-in-tsql)

I did as recommended and as well I changed the login steps that I followed...  The shared SharePoint DataSource is set up with the credentials of a ServiceAccount - When I logged into the SharePoint site under my personal security credentials and attempted to execute the report (prior to the executing the instructions in the above URL) I did not receive output - AFTER deleting the .rdl, I opened a new reporting stream and attached to the shared SharePoint DataSource using the ServiceAccount credentials - I stepped through the Query Designer and again was able to generate the desired output, I subsequently completed the report creation and executed the report which this time through DID generate the output.

I am going to attempt a second report to verify the Data Connection / DataSource and personal login credentials vs. the ServiceAccount credentials.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2015 8:44pm

Second and third report generation went without issue ...

Second report using Personal Windows Credentials and

Third report using ServiceAccount Credentials so by default that would leave the corrupted .rdl as the culprit

June 22nd, 2015 9:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics