SSRS Report Header - PDF Export Hidden Controls whitespace is reserved

Hello Community,

when designing a SSRS Report with Visual Studio and SQL Server 2012 R2 there is a property called "ConsumeWhiteSpace" on the Report properties to make the report consume the whitespace to the right and bottom in the body section when printing it out. This works fine with PDF export also.

But when I have controls (for example a TextBox) in the Header of the report and hide this control on base of an Expression in the Visibility property (Expression depends on data), the whitespace for the Control is reserved and shows whitespace when exporting to PDF.
(The Header has to be repeated on every page)

Microsoft says this behavior is by design. I can't imagine that no one ever had the requirement to do something about this.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Here is the example how the PDF looks with visible Textbox:

And here how it looks with hidden TextBox:

Kind Regards,

Robin

June 23rd, 2015 11:18am

Hi Robin,

According to your description, you have added a textbox in page header section, and change the visibility to be hidden. When exporting to the PDF, the textbox region display as blank space, you want to consume this blank space, right?

We have tested in our environment, and reproduce the issue. It seems that it hides the content of the textbox but not the actual textbox control, so it will display as the blank space.

Since there are no existing properties for us to consume white space for those hidden textbox in page header section, for your requirement, we would suggest you to provide Microsoft a feature request at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer so that we can try to modify and expand the product features based on your needs.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2015 2:38am

Hi Qiuyun,

Thanks for your answer and your investigation. I'll provide a feature request as suggested.

Best Regards,
Robin Kretzschmar

June 24th, 2015 2:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics