SSRS Printing and Exporting queries

I using SSRS 2008 to create reports. The reports output are normal tablix reports. I need to know if there are any possible approaches for the below

1. I have 25-40 columns to be displayed is several reports. When exported to PDF (landscape) , how to accommodate all the columns in one page.Currently when exported to PDF, part of the columns are displayed in one page followed by other column data in the next page.

2. How do I manage to print all the columns heading in the same page when the output data is sent to printer?

January 20th, 2015 12:45pm

Hi ven, If I have too much cols I prefer to place some in one col (the same col) in separate lines. I then try to find near thematic. I make only one report, used for export, print and screen. I don't think, there is another way to resolve this. Greets peb
  • Proposed as answer by pe.bo Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:52 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 21st, 2015 12:52am

Hi venkataramanm,

According to your description, there are too many columns in a report, you want to make columns display on one page when exporting to PDF. When printing the report, you want the columns headers can display on one page.

In Reporting Services, the page size does not grow or shrink to accommodate the contents of the report body. If we want to make a report display on the one page, we should make sure all the content within the report body fit on the physical page.

For the first requirement, you can specify the page size on the Report Properties pane. Then check the body size on the Body Properties pane, make sure the page can contain the body.

For second requirement, you can print the report use landscape paper orientation.

Reference:
Page Layout and Rendering (Report Builder and SSRS)
Export to pdf columns are splited
SSRS Report exported to PDF Report page is split into multiple pages

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

January 21st, 2015 12:04pm

Hi

Is there any way to use report templates which can be used  to  accommodate the contents of the report body that will fit more columns on a single page (both preview and printing)?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/selvar/archive/2010/12/28/creating-your-own-report-templates-when-using-microsoft-sql-server-reporting-service.aspx

Expecting your reply on this?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 2nd, 2015 4:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics