SSRS Parent and Child Reports Change the Visibility of Header text box in first page of each subreport

Hi All,

I have an SSRS Report, 1 Parent and one sub report. I have a header in parent reports with a text box in it, is there a way so that I can make my report in the following way.

1. The Header text box should not be there for first page for a sub report.

2. Header Test xob should be available for all other pages.

I have 182 sub reports to be generated in the master report, so I need every first page of sub report to exclude the Text Box. Is there an expression in your mind that will help me.?

Aju

September 9th, 2015 4:26pm

Hi Aju,

Set the visibility of the textbox based on the  built in page number using the below expression

=IIF(Globals!PageNumber<>1,false,true)

The below image will help you

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 10:00pm

Hi Aju, 

According to your description, you want to add a text box on the header of each page, right? 

In Reporting Services, we can add Page Header and Page Footer for each page, and add text boxes or image into the Header or Footer area. In your scenario, you need to add Page Header, and then insert a text box into the header area. The text box will be displayed on each page. 

For more detail information, please refer to this article

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask. 

Regards,
Shrek Li

September 9th, 2015 10:34pm

Hi Aju,

You need to set the visibility of the textbox by clicking the textbox properties(F4), click on visilbility -> select show/hide based on expression:

give expression as : IIF(Globals!PageNumber=1,True,False)

or

IIF(Globals!PageNumber!=1,False,True)

hope this will work..

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 1:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics