SSRS 2012 requires clicking 'View Report' button twice
We have reports deployed on SSRS 2008 R2 and 2012. The reports execute on single click on 'View Report' button in SSRS 2008 R2, but the same report requires clicking twice on SSRS 2012 to execute.  I found similar issues reported, but then how its working in 2008 R2?  Also we dont have date parameters as most of the links related to this issue I found, mentioned about date parameters.  Please suggest.
March 25th, 2015 9:15am

Hi Mkp27,

According to your description, when you run the report in SSRS 2012, you must click the View Report button twice to display the report.

As we tested in our environment, we cant reproduce the issue in SSRS 2012. In your scenario, please check if only this one report comes across this issue. If that is a case, please design the same report in SSRS 2012, then deploy the report to report server to check if issue persists. Besides, what browser in use when running the report? Please try to always run the report with compatibility mode.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2015 7:06am

Hi,

The issue is for multiple reports.  The browser used in IE11 version 11.0.9600.17697.  I tried adding the report manager url to compataibility view but still the issues persists.  Can you suggest any thing else please.

Thanks,

March 26th, 2015 7:46am

I had this same issue come up for me today and I thought I would share my solution to it. The problem seems to only occur when you have default values for your dates.  I created two new parameters, BeginDefaultDate and EndDefaultDate and set visibility to hidden. I then set their respective default values to what I want my report to default to for the date range. Then I went to my BeginDate parameter and changed its default value to my new parameter BeginDefaultDate. I followed the same procedure for the EndDate parameter. Just make sure the two new parameters occur before your original BeginDate and EndDate parameters and you should be good to go.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 8:25am

Some of our viewers have reported similar issue.  This usually occurs when they have selected multi-value parameters and then click "Apply" (or "View Report" in our older SharePoint environment) without clicking away first.  In other words, the first time they click "Apply", SSRS has only processed their selected parameters (as if they clicked anywhere else to accept the parameter selections).  Therefore the 2nd time they click "Apply", they are actually clicking the "Apply" button for the first time.

I usually tell my users to make sure that they click anywhere else on the gray area of the Parameters section in order to ensure that their selected parameters have been accepted before they click on the "Apply" button.

I wish it was more intuitive such that clicking the "Apply" button will always process everything right away (even if the multi-value parameter selection box is still open).  Nonetheless, hopefully this helps explain it.

August 27th, 2015 7:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics