SSRS 2012 - Is there a way to check what's rendering?

To make a long story short I have one .rdl with 2 different "User" printouts (performance reasons btw); something like:

1. - header with textbox
  2. - body with:
  • - matrix
  • - big rectangle with page break before (which basicly includes the whole 2nd "logical" printout)

I'd like to alter the textbox value in the header depending on whether it is an header related to the 1st matrix or the rectangle is rendering (on the n+1 page).

I can check the 2 page, but the 1st matrix could be printed on more than 1 page only...

I also tried to play with InScope("rectangleName"), but unlucky.

Any hints (the preference is to keep textbox in the header btw)? Thanks in advance for all

February 20th, 2015 1:09pm

Hi pgfiore,

According to your description, there are matrix and rectangle in the report, you added page break before rectangle. When you preview the report, you want to display matrix or rectangle in page header according to content of report.

I tested the issue in my local machine, since we could not distinguish difference between matrix and rectangle in SSRS according to a property, so we could not achieve the goal directly. As a workaround, we can add a parameter to the report, then set visibility of matrix and rectangle according to value of parameter. For detail information, please refer to the following steps:

1. In design mode, right-click Parameters and click Add Parameter.
  2. Type Parameter name and prompt.
  3. Click Available Values in left pane, select Specify values.
  4. Click Add button, in Label text box, type Matrix, in Value text box, type Matrix.
  5. Click Add button, in Label text box, type Rectangle, in Value text box, type Rectangle, click OK.
  6. Select and right-click matrix and open Tablix Properties dialog box, click Visibility in left pane, select Show or hide based on an expression, then type the expression like below:

=iif(Parameters!ParameterName.Value="Matrix",false,true)

7. Set visibility of rectangle as step6 above with below expression:

=iif(Parameters!ParameterName.Value="Rectangle",false,true)

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Wendy Fu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click her

February 23rd, 2015 2:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics