SSRS 2008R2 export to pdf by subscription

We've a report we want to send to key users each morning in PDF format.

When we export to PDF from the report, it converts to a 6 page PDF.

When we use a subscription to send the report as a PDF, it only creates the first page.

The report comprises of 6 tables and several labels. The first page consists of a single table only.

How can we fix this so all 6 pages are sent via subscription?

July 3rd, 2013 11:17am

I've always seen all PDF pages delivered for subscription reports.  It might be a problem with the report itself.  Which type of subscription is this, standard or data-driven?  If it's data-driven, the parameters work differently from the manual and standard subscription report parameters.  For example, multi-valued parameters are much more difficult in data-driven subscriptions.

Is there any way that a parameter problem could give you the truncated single-page report you're seeing?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2013 11:41am

It's a standard report, no parameters.

I suspect it's something on the report itself, as it was initially designed to be sent as an excel spreadsheet split over multiple sheets, but as the users want to view it on an iPad, we were hitting rendering issues with Excel (loosing the last but one line on some tables, or rendering numerics as some kind of code), hence changing to PDF conversion.

However, I can't see why converting to PDF from the displayed report would return all 6 pages, but the subscription would return just one.

July 4th, 2013 4:09am

We've narrowed it down somewhat: The problem is with the way the subscription is handling the end of page tag. Setting the report to fit on a single (oversized) page has helped, although it still needs tweaking.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 4th, 2013 5:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics