SSRS 2005 - Displaying customer code in page header

Hi,

I am grouping my report with parent group as customer code and also doing page break at end.

Now in page header I want to repeat customer code for all the pages.

For ex., for customer AAA, if report generates lets say 10 pages then on each page header I need to display as:

Customer Code: AAA 

Some workaround I am doing but for that it is displaying only on the first page and not on the rest of the 9 pages.

Any idea? Using 2005 version only

July 26th, 2013 6:01am

Any suggestion, can one achieve this using 2005?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 26th, 2013 1:56pm

Refer the below link,

Report Data in Header/Footer

July 26th, 2013 2:37pm

I am looking for an answer specific to my requirement (i am repeating its 2005 version)
July 26th, 2013 3:32pm

Please advise on any suggestions regarding this ?

Only first page it is displaying, but i want it to display on the remaining pages as well for that customer group.

July 29th, 2013 7:42am

Can you tell us how do you pick customer code in the Report Header ? What is the criteria to pick customer code from each page ?  How will you display customer code when you have multiple customer code in a page ?

Please be specific while asking question.

July 29th, 2013 10:16am

Hi RSingh,

I am doing page break for the customer code group(which is my parent group in report body, in a table) 

So I need to pick the customer code from here and display in page header for all the pages for that customer.

For ex.,when report runs for the first customer "AAA" and lets say it has total 3 pages then it should display on all 3 pages, in page header - customer code "AAA"

Afterwards when next customer comes let s say "BBB" then from 4th page onwards it should display "BBB" for all pages for that customer

Hope it is clear

July 30th, 2013 12:02am

If the textbox for the customercode is textbox1 then, the expression of the textbox in the header where you need to display customer code should look like,

=ReportItems!textbox1.Value

July 30th, 2013 12:20am

Hi,

Use Repeate header for all pages property of reprot.

July 30th, 2013 12:44am

Hi RSingh,

That is what I am doing actually. And works well within local visual studio environment as well as when I deployed to the report server.

Problem only comes when I export it to PDF. Because in PDF, if the report body part is hidden and I try to refer that hidden field in my page header then, in case of PDF it will not work. However, it is working well in other cases like in web browser.

July 30th, 2013 5:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics