SSO authorization ticket for non biztalk host user

Hi everyone,

I have the following question - I have to add sso ticket for XLANG message, but I don't know how to do it for custom user identities. I have logins and passwords from many different users and I must to create messages for each user and add SSO ticket with his credentials.

I found only this solution. Here there is SSO ticket which issued for the current Windows identity(biztalk host identity).
var ssoTicket = new ISSOTicket();
var ticket = ssoTicket.IssueTicket(0);	
message.SetPropertyValue(typeof(BTS.SSOTicket), ticket);

But for each message I must to add different custom credential tickets (not biztalk windows identity).

Thanks for advice.

PS Sorry If my english is not very good.

September 8th, 2015 6:27am

Hi Denis,

Which is the criteria to mach different credentials for each message?

In a SSO Application Mapping you can map a Windows credential to a an external credential (non Windows credential based in user/password) for a specific application. 

Regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 6:47am

Thanks for your answer,

"In a SSO Application Mapping you can map a Windows credential to a an external credential (non Windows credential based in user/password) for a specific application. " - yes, but only windows credential for user who is owner of the biztalk instance

I want to implement custom authentication system. My biztalk application is first her part(login + next routing). It will forward input requests to other systems, but for all of them(in most cases) need different credentials.

I wanted to use biztalk SSO which will do mapping between different credentials for one user and when biztalk app will forward message to the right direction, SSO will set the necessary credential. But I don't know how to add SSO ticket with custom user credentials to XLANG message, because I found only one method (described above) which is adding to message only biztalk host user credentials.

For example, ISSOTicket class doesn't have method for add custom credentials. There is only one method for it(IssueTicket(int flags)), and it uses windows authentification(in this case windows authentication gets biztalk host user, but I want to add new user credentials).

Thanks for advice.

• Edited by Denis99 15 hours 9 minutes ago
September 8th, 2015 10:17am

Thanks for your answer,

"In a SSO Application Mapping you can map a Windows credential to a an external credential (non Windows credential based in user/password) for a specific application. " - yes, but only windows credential for user who is owner of the biztalk instance

I want to implement custom authentication system. My biztalk application is first her part(login + next routing). It will forward input requests to other systems, but for all of them(in most cases) need different credentials.

I wanted to use biztalk SSO which will do mapping between different credentials for one user and when biztalk app will forward message to the right direction, SSO will set the necessary credential. But I don't know how to add SSO ticket with custom user credentials to XLANG message, because I found only one method (described above) which is adding to message only biztalk host user credentials.

For example, ISSOTicket class doesn't have method for add custom credentials. There is only one method for it(IssueTicket(int flags)), and it uses windows authentification(in this case windows authentication gets biztalk host user, but I want to add new user credentials).

Thanks for advice.

• Edited by Denis99 Tuesday, September 08, 2015 3:52 PM
September 8th, 2015 2:16pm

Thanks for your answer,

Thanks for advice.

• Edited by Denis99 Tuesday, September 08, 2015 3:52 PM
September 8th, 2015 2:16pm

Hi Denis,

Other option in SSO is to get by code the custom credentials mapped for a specific application and user. I've done it in some projects in order to store securely the credentials required to connect with legacy systems.

The code used is the following:

public static SSOExternalCredentials GetApplicationCredentials(string appName)
{
    //Creates the lookup object
    ISSOLookup1 applicationLockUp = (ISSOLookup1)new SSOLookup();

//Gets the user name and password for the specified application
    string userName = null;
    //Executes the method
    string[] credentials = applicationLockUp.GetCredentials(appName, 0, out userName);
    //Creates the credentials object
    return new SSOExternalCredentials() { ApplicationName = appName, UserName = userName, Password = credentials[0] };           
}

Note that the user name is returned as an output parameter and the user password is returnes in the credentials array. In addition, SSOExternalCredentials is a custom object defined in my application.

Regards.

September 9th, 2015 2:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics