SSO and GROUP problems when reconfiguring BizTalk

We have BizTalk 2006 R2 installed on our servers. We used to have a clustered enviorment, but after several issues regarding this we decided to remove the cluster.

we have 2 server running BT, called svg-clu13 and svg-clu14. our SSO database and BT dabase run on bgo-sql31\Biztalk

The problem is that BT works great on svg-clu14 but not on svg-clu13.

When i try to reconfigure BT the feature Enterprise SSO installs with a success, but the group fail with the following error:

TITLE: Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 Configuration Wizard
------------------------------

You have specified to join a BizTalk group that is pointing to a different Enterprise Single Sign-On (SSO) Master Secret Server.  You will need to re-configure the local Enterprise Single Sign-On to join to the same SSO system.

BUTTONS:

OK

I checked the SSO database without any specific paths to look at, and didnt do any changes there, in the BizTalk database i saw under dbo.adm_Group  "SSOServerName" was set to svg-clu14 i changed this to bgo-sql31/biztalk (which is the Master SSO server) and reconfigured without any change. Still got the same message. The event log tells me this "nothing"...

March 23rd, 2010 1:34pm

Ensure that the service account running the Enterprise Single Sign-On (SSO) service is a member of the SSO Administrators group on each computer.

The account you are using when you install BizTalk Server must also be a member of the SSO Administrators group, if the installation is also a SSO master secret server.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee251624(BTS.10).aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 23rd, 2010 2:00pm

Were was the Master secret server on the first configuration?  if it has changed you will need torestore the master secret server:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc296749(BTS.10).aspx

March 23rd, 2010 2:57pm

I figured out what was wrong. After removing the cluster we also removed the SSO cluster. We all forgot the check the BT database, that clearly stated under dbo.adm_group that the SSOServerName was svg-clu14 instead of bgo-sql31. After changing this to bgo-sql31 (not with \Biztalk) it worked. I couldnt connect to SSO server name to the database directory. bgo-sql31\Biztalk

Anways, problem solved. Thanks for all your help!

March 23rd, 2010 3:33pm

Very good, its work fine to me!

Thanks

July 24th, 2014 4:00pm

OMG, it solved our problem aswell.

The "SSOServerName" in our case was not pointing to MasterSecretServer. We changed the value and could then configure BizTalk 2013 on the second node which was failing on "Group" section.

Thanks, and see ya in Stockholm Tord Glad Nordahl.

KR

Drilon Blakaj

February 3rd, 2015 12:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics