SSIS with SQL 2014

I have recently installed SQL2014 and currently have 2 issues which may be BIDS 2012 or SQL2014 related.

1. If I deploy a package to MSDB, then try to re download and open the package in BIDS it complains that it cannot open a version 8 package in Version 6 studio. How do I overcome this?

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
------------------------------

Error at Extract_NHP []: The version number in the package is not valid. The version number cannot be greater than current version number.

Error at Extract_NHP []: Package migration from version 8 to version 6 failed with error 0xC001700A "The version number in the package is not valid. The version number cannot be greater than current version number.".

Error at Extract_NHP []: Error loading value "<DTS:Property xmlns:DTS="www.microsoft.com/SqlServer/Dts" DTS:Name="PackageFormatVersion">8</DTS:Property>" from node "DTS:Property".

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors. This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.

One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors. This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.

BUTTONS:

OK

2. I have a flat file source on a SQL2008 R2 database that reads in and successfully processes a csv file which has double quotes as text qualifiers. If I run the same package in BIDS2012/SQL2014 it fails due to not being able to read the file. Now I know the row below has some qualifiers in it but 2008R2 seems to load it and not fall over and puts '\"Spelga Lodge\" 3 High Street' into the second column of the table. Why does BIDS2012/SQL2014 not cope with it?

Error: 0xC0202055 at Data Flow Task, Flat File Source [17]: The column delimiter for column "street_name" was not found.

"id","street_name","post_town_name","county_area_name","outcode","incode","type","type2","status","price","item1","item2","item3","item4","property_number"

"515370","\"Spelga Lodge\" 3 High Street","York","","","","ABCD","","Y","1234567","0","4","0","0",""

Regards

David

May 14th, 2014 10:09am

What is BIDS 2012?

What you used to develop the package in must be able to open it.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 14th, 2014 6:22pm

OK I mean Visual Studio 2012 with SSDT - BI.

That is the problem, it does not.

If you upload the package to msdb on a SQL 2014 box it converts it to package version 8. When you try and reload the package into SSDT/Visual Studio 2012 which is the latest version available, it only works with versions up to 6.

May 16th, 2014 4:04am

I am experiencing the same problem. It seems that Visual Studio 2012 can't handle SSIS packages once they've been uploaded and then re-downloaded from a SQL Server 2014 msdb instance. Sorry davidbrown147, I cannot offer any particular advice but I can confirm that there does seem to be an issue.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 16th, 2014 4:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics