SSIS packages are not visible in File System after deploymnet

Hello, experts,

I created a SSIS pke (2008 R2), configuration file and manifest file on my computer. I then copied all three files to the testServer and deployed my package to the file system (D:\Test) of the server. I verified the .dtsx and the .dtsConfig files are all there. But when I connected to the server in SSMS and tried creating an agent job, the D:\Test directory is not available for browsing. Only  the folders on my local computer are available. When I connected to the integration services and checked in the stored packages folder, there is nothing there either.

Did I do anything wrong? How could I get my agent job "see" the deployed package on the other server? Your help and information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

• Edited by QQFA 1 hour 35 minutes ago
February 16th, 2015 2:18am

Hi ,

I think you want to run your SSIS package with different configuration file.. then you have to  just provide your another configuration file while executing package .. like below.. 

dtexec /FILE "C:\Ssis\Package.dtsx" /CONFIGFILE "C:\Ssis\Package.dtsConfig"

Or if you are calling your SSIS package through a agent job. then you can mention your configuration file path in configuration tab. 

Thanks,

Saurabh 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2015 2:29am

Hello, experts,

I created a SSIS pke (2008 R2), configuration file and manifest file on my computer. I then copied all three files to the testServer and deployed my package to the file system (D:\Test) of the server. I verified the .dtsx and the .dtsConfig files are all there. But when I connected to the server in SSMS and tried creating an agent job, the D:\Test directory is not available for browsing. Only  the folders on my local computer are available. When I connected to the integration services and checked in the stored packages folder, there is nothing there either.

Did I do anything wrong? How could I get my agent job "see" the deployed package on the other server? Your help and information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

You changed the original title and question completely. It was about XML Package configuration. Please post new question next time :)

BTW, when you create a new job you don't see the D:\Test folder because it is not in your local machine. So you should provide the correct path there, isn't it?

You can make Test folder as shared folder and then use path something like:  \\YourTestServer\Test$

February 16th, 2015 5:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics