SSIS execute multiple packages based on conditional split

Hi All,

We are building a dataload application where parameters are store in a table. And there are multiple packages for each load.

There is a column IsChecked column if it is 1 then only the child package should execute.

What i am doing here is. Created a master package. In which i have taken execute SQL task in that storing a results in variable and based on the result the child package should execute. this is the idea.

But In executesql task i selected result set as full result set.  I am getting the below error.

[Execute SQL Task] Error: Executing the query "SELECT  isnull(ID ,0) AS ID FROM DataLoadParameter..." failed with the following error: "The type of the value (DBNull) being assigned to variable "User::LoadValue" differs from the current variable type (Int32). Variables may not change type during execution. Variable types are strict, except for variables of type Object.
". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

No null values are passed.

Please suggest.

September 4th, 2015 10:10am

You get no rows from the query thus the error
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2015 11:06am

But i am getting the rows. in the query. 
September 4th, 2015 1:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics