SSIS CDC Wierd Issue

Hi have two SSIS packages..one for the initial load and other for the incremental load.I did the following steps.

1. I run the initial load.

2. Modify data to the CDC enable table.

3. I check in SQL Agent that changes were picked by CDC. I also waited for 30 minutes.

4. I run the incremental load - nothing happens.

5. I run the incremental load one more time - this time changes are processed.

Always when i run the incremental load it doesn't work for the first time.If i run it immediately for the second time.It works!!!!

Can anyone please help regarding this!!

Thanks,

Rahul Abhinav

April 29th, 2015 4:20pm

Not sure what is your process flow looks like. check if any truncation step going on before CDC.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2015 4:26pm

no Truncation..There is just a single data flow task which moves data from source to destination..with out any transformations..
April 29th, 2015 4:28pm

ok. Is the issue iterates every time? what do you mean by "doesn't works"? is package failing or no result as you expected. And are you just doing 5th step twice or whole steps and 5th step twice since first time it is not working for you. To my understanding since it is a incremental load there wont be any changes after initial load so at any point of time first time CDC wont fetch results until and unless you change something manua
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2015 4:36pm

Thanks for your response Murali...Package doesnt fail...It just doesnt pick the updates in the source table when i run the incremental package for the first time .immediately if i rerun the package  it picks the records that are modified ...Idealyy it should show the modified records when i run first time but its not picking them and 0 rows are going into destination.

Here is what i am doing

1.Initial Load (where data is moved from source to destination).

2.Update a record in the source table

3.Execute Incremental load for the first time(Doesnt pick up the updated record).

4.Immediately execute the incremental package again(It picks the updated record in the source and updated in destination)

April 29th, 2015 4:41pm

Abhinav - 

I guess Mike have already answered this on a different thread right? It didn't work out for you? He told that it might be because of latency or time sensitivity. Have you done as he explained? i.e., changing proc for decreasing latency.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/02c6ed8d-cc0e-4dca-b805-56dc19bd6167/reg-cdc-in-ssis-2012?forum=sqlintegrationservic

April 29th, 2015 4:52pm

I have waited for some time ..but still the same issue.

I am executing the package immediately after first time..So latency is not the issue...There is no time gap between first run and the second run 

April 29th, 2015 5:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics