SSIS 2014 package executes successfully even when a connection manager errors

Hi, I am experiencing a weird scenario, I am using SSIS 2014 and for dynamic package configuration I am using xml configuration file which stores servername and database for the SQL Server configuration type which in turn stores all the other connection manager details in a SQL Server configuration table.

Now, when I store wrong connection details in the SQL Server configuration table package fails as expected but when I pass wrong servername or database in the xml configuration file and run the package, in the package execution (progress tab) I see the below error.

[Connection manager "SSISTestConfig"] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: 
"Login failed for user 'SSISTestUser'.".
An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: 
"Cannot open database "SSISTestDB" requested by the login. The login failed.".

But, the package runs to completion. When I pass either the servername or database which exists but does not have the SSISConfiguration table. I get the below warning.

A problem occurred with the following messages: "Invalid object name 'dbo.SSISConfiguration'.".

Failed to load at least one of the configuration entries for the package. Check configuration entries for "SQLConfiguration" and previous warnings to see descriptions of which configuration failed.

Again the package runs to completion.

How do I make my package fail for the above scenarios and what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance..................

July 29th, 2015 7:09pm

Hi Ione,

The latter is a warning and by design - there is nothing you can do other than fail manually in code (Script Task).

The former seems to stem from the fact somewhere FailPackageOnFailure is tempered with

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 29th, 2015 10:16pm

Thanks very much Arthur for your response. But, FailPackageOnFailure property is only for tasks, the issue is with the connection manager.

Regards.......

July 31st, 2015 9:20am

Nope, sorry I realize I pasted the wrong image, but see this one

Image result for failpackageonfailure

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2015 10:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics