SSIS 2012 Pipe delimited file with cr/lf at the end of row

Hello All,

I have a pipe delimited flat file having column headers with varying length which needs to be inserted into tables:

Col1|Col2|Col3|Col4|Col5|Col6|Description

1|12|ABC123|MCKDMC|DCDMCD|CDMKMCSD| Hello This is a description.

1|12|ABC123|MCKDMC|DCDMCD|CDMKMCSD| Hello This is a description data could not able to map 

in SSIS 2012 HUHDCJ JNJNFCDNCD JCDJCNDJNCDJNCJDNCJNDCN.

The data in second row contains multiple lines of data. which failed to map in SSIS 2012 flat file connection manager. but in SSIS 2005 its working fine.

I would appreciate input on a fix.

June 17th, 2014 9:14am

I guess each is header thus you need to treat them so. I assume you use the Split Task based on line length, the same needs to be done for all the headers.

SSIS 2012 kind of guesses a missing column, but you need to explicitly set the package to detach those rows that qualify for the header.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 17th, 2014 1:53pm

can u kindly provide me any sample/example using script task.

and How to explicitly set the package to detach those that qualifies for the header.

I am stuck here. please help me to fix this issue.

June 18th, 2014 5:47am

Hi Supreeth,

The issue should occur because the Flat File Connection Manager behavior change about checking for column/row delimiter. In SSIS prior to SSIS 2012, the Flat File Connection Manager always checks for column delimiter. However, In SSIS 2012, the Flat File Connection Manager always checks for row delimiter by default. To resolve the issue in your scenario, please set the AlwaysCheckForRowDelimiters property from True to False.

The behavior is also described in the following blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mattm/archive/2011/07/17/flat-file-source-changes-in-denali.aspx 

Regards,

June 24th, 2014 2:20am

Setting back 'AlwaysCheckForRowDelimiters' to false not working for my development. It still behave as 2012 and not like 2008R2.

please suggest if there is any thing else needs to be changed in addition to that.

August 14th, 2015 12:45pm

Package still fails on data truncation error , Since incomplete data row gets picked up in 2012 , and it runs fine in 2008R2 since incomplete row(not having all column delimiters)  gets picked up by flat file connection manager.
August 14th, 2015 1:02pm

please help..
August 14th, 2015 1:02pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics