SSDT 2012 Named Query problem
Hi guys.

Im working in a project where i need to create a new named query.

The problem is that i always get the erros "Login failed for user 'sa'".

The weired part is that i test the connection at the data source and it works fine.

Any hints?

Best Regards,
Helder Borges
  • Moved by Gert Drapers Friday, April 19, 2013 5:16 AM Named queries are an OLAP feature, moving to OLAP forum as nobody seems to watch the SSDT forum
April 15th, 2013 2:04pm

Hi Helder,

Please refer to the following steps to slove this issue:

1. In the SSDT development interface, double-click on your data source.
  2. In the Data Source Desginer dialog, please click "Edit".
  3. Please select "SqlClient Data Provider", and then use your SQL Account for the data source.

It will pop-up a windows to enabme us type password if we first create a Named Query. Please see the screenshot:

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 22nd, 2013 6:14am

I did it. And wen i test the connection, there are no problems. It only fails after.

But it is all working now. I just used the old fashion way of solving software problems. I uninstalled and re-installed. Now its all working :)

Best regards,
Helder Borges 
April 22nd, 2013 11:29am

I did it. And wen i test the connection, there are no problems. It only fails after.

But it is all working now. I just used the old fashion way of solving software problems. I uninstalled and re-installed. Now its all working :)

Best regards,
Helder Borges 

I can reproduced this issue on my test environment, and the solution worked for me. However, I'm glad to hear your issue has been solved and thanks for sharing this.

Regards,

April 22nd, 2013 11:40am

This is it.

Helped me.

Thank you!

February 20th, 2014 12:57am

I am having the same problem.  I managed to create and test a data source in SSAS, cube creation and deployment are all good. When i tried to create a new named query, it says login failed for user ''.

For information, my SSAS is installed locally, accessing data source from another SQL server.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You!

September 6th, 2014 2:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics