SSAS Processing - Process Add after Process Clear

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement of Process Increment the SSAS Partitition after the Process Clear command. How can I do this? SSAS does not allow me to 'Process Add' after the partition is 'Process Cleared'.

I cannot do Process Default or Process Full after Process Clear because it will add all the data from fact table into my cube. I want to add chunk of data from my source into the cube after the partition data in cleared.

I am using SSAS 2012 Standard Edition.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Ruchika

March 24th, 2015 12:25am

Hi RuchikaG,

According to your description, you want to clear the partition and add part of data into the partition. Right?

In Analysis Services, Process Add compare the current data with the previous data, then add the newly fact data into cube. If you do the Process Clear first, it will drop all the data in the object specified. After the data is dropped, it is not reloaded. So the previous data can't be referenced, this is the reason why the Process Add is not available after the Process Clear.

For your requirement, you should create a new partition, then specify a query for those newly records.

Reference:
Processing Options and Settings (Analysis Services)

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 25th, 2015 10:01am

Can you describe your business requirement further. It sounds unusual. One thing you might try is to ProcessClear then ProcessStructure (to mark the partition as processed with no rows), and then ProcessAdd. It seems like that should work off the top of my head.
April 4th, 2015 4:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics