SSAS Analysis Services on Azure

Hello,

I've read in the post below MS is considering SSAS availability in Azure for the next releases.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ssdsgetstarted/thread/6514c399-079d-451b-ae2d-59763c8cfb54/?prof=required

As this is 8 months old post I'm wondering if anyone has an updated position from Microsoft with respect to SQL BI tools, more specifically Analysis Services in Azure?

The idea is to have my customer using Excel 2007 or 2010 to connect on OLAP cubes available through the internet.

Appreciate any information.

Thanks,

RIRP

• Edited by RIRP Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:53 AM grammar mistake
July 13th, 2010 4:52am

Hi,

To use Excel 2007 or 2010 to connect on OLAP cubes through the internet, you can try to configure HTTP access to SSAS, and then use basic Basic authentication, but you may need to work with your networking engineer:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlanalysisservices/thread/62e5968c-6f83-4ff7-9b63-051020df2b80

Of cause, you can also implement SSL for this scenario.

But for the question “if anyone has an updated position from Microsoft with respect to SQL BI tools, more specifically Analysis Services in Azure?” –sorry I don't have an ETAJ

Thanks,

Raymond

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 13th, 2010 6:17am

Hi Raymond,

Sorry to reply on old post but I do have question on same line so pls excuse me.

We do have client request to prepare MS BI components (SSRS, SSAS & SSIS) on Azure environment with High-availability solution.

Can you please confirm, is this possible? If yes then can you please provide document or article for the same.

In summarize again, looking for help to setup SSRS, SSAS & SSIS 2014 in Azure environment with HA option. Looking forward for your quick positive response. Thank you!!

Thanks, Milind

July 15th, 2015 5:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics