SSAS 2008 Measurelink to a dimension

Hi all,

On one cube, I need to create a particula measure (Pct_Departement).

In my fact table, I have a column contains ID of "Region" dimension (which contains "Alabama","Texas","Minesota"..., and one column "Indice" which contains values 0 or 1.

I need to create a measures (in %) : sum(Indice)/ count(Indice), but only use with "Region"
I try something like SUM([Region].[Region].allmembers,[Measures].[Indice])/Count([Region].[Region].allmembers,[Measures].[Indice]), but seems not working

help will be appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

August 21st, 2015 1:49am

Hi,

use Scope()

like:

CREATE MEMBERCURRENTCUBE.[Measures].[YourMeasure]

AS NULL;

SCOPE([Region].[Region].allmembers,[Measures].[YourMEasure]);

This=SUM([Region].[Region].allmembers,[Measures].[Indice])/Count([Region].[Region].allmembers,[Measures].[Indice]);

End scope;

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 12:52pm

Hi phoenix,

According to your description, you want to calculate the percentage of all indices. Right?

In Analysis Services, when using tuple inside of the count function, it returns the number of dimensions in a tuple, not the number of records. Please see: Count (Tuple) (MDX) . Since all the Regions contain values either 1 or 0, you can just count the set of the dimension members. So your expression can be like:

SUM([Region].[Region].allmembers,[Measures].[Indice])/Count([Region].[Region].allmembers)

If you want to calculate the percentage for each member, you can include current member in sum function and apply the sets based on axis:

(Axis(1).Item(1).Hierarchy.CurrentMember,[Measures].[Indice])/Count(Axis(1))
Regards,

August 23rd, 2015 10:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics