SQL data sync stuck on cancelling

Dear sir/madam,

Due to development changes, the data sync was encountering some errors. I did choose to stop the synchronization to make it possible to include a column in the synchronization. However, since pushing the 'Stop' button, the sync is stuck on 'Processing...' (for almost 4 hours now). Opening the 'Previous portal', the status of the sync group is 'Cancelling Sync'.

Since the sync group is not working correct now and I can't perform anything on the sync group due to the 'Processing' state, can someone kill the current synchronization so it's possible for me to solve the error?

The sync group ID is:

9ddc9e66-a3a3-4d55-adf9-153e8564aced_West Europe

Do I really need this public forum to get this fixed? It's sounds a little strange to be unable to create tickets for Azure problems since I have to pay for support? I wished I was able to fix this problem by myself...

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Jaap Trouwborst

April 19th, 2013 7:40pm

Do you have the local sync agent involved in this sync group? if this is the case, you can try to restart the local SQL server involved in the sync group to stop the sync stuck in 'Processing...'
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 22nd, 2013 9:52am

Stopping the local Microsoft SQL DataSync agent did the trick indeed. Thanks!
April 22nd, 2013 12:25pm

sync group a2827785-a669-403e-b7a1-cc2949fd2ae4_East US stuck on cancel...how can i get this to respond?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 15th, 2013 3:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics