SQL Server Requires .Net 3.5
I bought SQL server recently but cannot install it, it just says: Microsoft .Net 3.5 installation has failed. Sql server 2008 requires .Net 3.5 to be installed. The thing is last time I checked I had .Net 3.5 and even 4.0 installed on my system, and I dont understand why SQL server is just being naughty. I have had a hard time with Sql server and wonder why Sql server its just one unfriendly and difficulty software. I have a project to submit and Sql server is hindering me.
July 5th, 2012 7:17pm

SQL Server actually requires .NET 3.5 SP1 to be installed. And it installs as part of SQL Server normal installation process. I'll move this message to the forum for "setup and upgrade" for best response.

Cheers, Bob

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 5th, 2012 9:00pm

Hello,

If that computer has Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, Windows 7, you cannot install .NET Framework 3.5. Please enable it using Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> click Turn on or off.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
SQLCoffee.com

July 6th, 2012 3:07am

The proposed solution does not work on my Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 version. I am running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 in evaluation mode. My .NET 3.5 SP1 is enabled as described by Morillo (Control Panel->Programs and Features). However, message durring installation of MS SQL Server 2008  still comes up. The SQL Server file is not an ISO file. Instead is an evaluation version from Microsoft downloads website.

So, the question remains - how to get over this erroneous message from Microsoft?

August 15th, 2012 3:33am

I get the same with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 on Microsoft windows server 2012 R2 Essentials. How do you get the .NET 3.5 installed and proceed on with the installation.
September 2nd, 2015 10:44pm

I mean Microsoft SQL server 2014 Express version New installation.
September 2nd, 2015 10:45pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics