SQL Server Configuration Manager disappears after Windows 10 upgrade
Honestly, I have never been more scared and more furious than I am right now. My work. All of it. All my databases. Gone! Microsoft better provide a proper answer for this, because this is such a colossal nightmare for developers. So we upgrade to Windows 10 and our SQL servers get broken?!?!
July 31st, 2015 3:48am

Hello,

SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 are not supported on Windows 10.

SQL Server 2012 requires SP2 to be compatible with Windows 10, while SQL Server 2014 requires SP1.

For more information about compatibility of all versions of SQL Server with Windows 10, please read the following resource:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2681562

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
SQLCoffee.com

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2015 2:12pm

You are not the first to report this.

Myself, it was very many years ago that I updated an existing installtion of Windows to a higher version - I'm not a brave person.

But do you have a file C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SQLServerManager12.msc? Note that the number (12 here) depends on the version of SQL Server you have installed.

Thankfully, the databasees are not dependent on SSCM, they should still be there.

July 31st, 2015 5:38pm

Hello,

SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 are not supported on Windows 10.

SQL Server 2012 requires SP2 to be compatible with Windows 10, while SQL Server 2014 requires SP1.

For more information about compatibility of all versions of SQL Server with Windows 10, please read the following resource:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2681562

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
SQLCoffee.com

July 31st, 2015 6:10pm

Hi dude,

Search SQLServerManager12.msc in the start menu.

good luck!

August 19th, 2015 6:27pm

Thank you very much Erland . You save me from a problem for which I am unable to solve.

It happened after the upgrade Windows 8.1 Home ==> Windows 10.

I recognized that I have not installed SQL Server Express 2015 SP1 before the upgrade and I have done the error to pass from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 before installing le SP1 for my Express Edition ( I have always prefered to treat problem after problem ).

More exactly , after the upgrade Win 8.1 ==> Win 10 , the SQL Server Configuration Manager has disappeared from the list of the SQL Server 2014

September 10th, 2015 5:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics