SQL Server 2014 with instance uninstallation

Hello Team

As i by-mistake perform the installation of SQL Server 2014 Standard edition on one of our server . I removed that instance completely but still i am able to connect that instance and able to access DB's from there instance (Server rebooted after successfully un-installation of SQL Server).

Can some suggest why it is accessible after complete instance remove from server ?

November 6th, 2014 5:13am

Hi,

Go to add remove program. Can you see information related to SQL Server 2014 remove all

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 6th, 2014 5:34am

I removed that instance completely but still i am able to connect that instance and able to access DB's from there instance (Server rebooted after successfully un-installation of SQL Server).

How did you remove the instance exactly?
November 6th, 2014 5:36am

There is another instance (Default) thats why i can not remove all from there.
November 6th, 2014 6:37am

From Add/remove programs > select 2014 and hit on the uninstall > there is pop up open for add/repair and remove > select remove and there is option for instance > choose instance and select all component for instance which one we selected and then remove after that i get the below message for successfully un-installation.

November 6th, 2014 6:45am

From Add/remove programs > select 2014 and hit on the uninstall > there is pop up open for add/repair and remove > select remove and there is option for instance > choose instance and select all component for instance which one we selected and then remove after that i get the below message for successfully installation.

November 6th, 2014 6:50am

We need only one instance to remove-

Followed following links to remove instance from server- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143412.aspx

November 6th, 2014 6:57am

November 6th, 2014 7:49am

We removed TFS instance.... but still connecting.
November 6th, 2014 7:50am

November 6th, 2014 7:53am

No i did not removed any components for default instance, where i can see that. I am able to access that server (default) and my applications running properly.
November 6th, 2014 8:04am

Here you go for full print screen for report-

November 6th, 2014 8:09am

November 6th, 2014 8:09am

Ok so you have both instances since you posted incomplete output It got me confused . Both the instances are standard edition so remove it completely from add remove program and install fresh instance. Are you facing issue in uninstalling ?
November 6th, 2014 8:15am

Its not possible for us... because on the default instance we have production website running. We need only to remove \TFS instance from that server and we already did that but still we are able to access that instance and DBs from there.

Do you have any idea its a SQL 2014 bug ? because during restore of database by using GUID mode you can not get the option for ok/restore after verifying the bakcup file. Did you faced this issue at your end in SQL Server 2014 ?

November 6th, 2014 8:21am

We need only to remove \TFS instance from that server and we already did that but still we are able to access that instance and DBs from there.

No this is not bug you did not removed it correctly. You can do it from command prompt

Setup.exe /Action=Uninstall /FEATURES=SQL,AS,RS,IS,Tools /INSTANCENAME=TFS

First open cmd as administrator and go into folder where SQL Server setup file(setup.exe) file is present, the green setup file. And run above command.Before that please read below

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144259.aspx#Uninstall

November 6th, 2014 9:17am

I will perform above command first on DEV before doing anything on the Production server.
November 7th, 2014 3:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics