the situation is: here port  80 is free

I here  port 80 is also free - IIs Setting are: 

The Apache is using port 80

in the Apache httpd.config : I have

#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
Listen 0.0.0.0:80
Listen [::0]:80

ServerName localhost:80

And when I install SQL server 2012, TCP takes over port 80.

Is there any way to lmove TCP from port 80??

Or any other solution?

Thanks,

Dov

August 29th, 2015 8:55am

Perhaps you installed and configured SQL Server Reporting Services to listen on port 80. If you don't use this feature, you could remove it or stop the service and set the startup type to disabled. If you do use Reporting Services, run the SQL Server Reporting Services Configuration utility and change the port to one that is not used.  See

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb934490(v=sql.110).aspx.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 29th, 2015 9:09am

Hi

Just found in the Reporting Service configuration Manager / web server url the TCP Port: 80 

can I change it to 81 or there are some ruls that I have to follow?

Dov

August 29th, 2015 9:39am

You can change the port to any that is not in use.  Just be aware that since it's not the default http port (80), clients will need to specify the port number in the url.

August 29th, 2015 10:43am

Hi, I changed the TCP Port for "report manager URL" to 81 and recived success, Receving 81 Removing 80

But the netstat -aon showes that port 80 is still ocupied.

Did the same to  for "Web service URL"  recived success but netstat shows the same  

how can I remove the port 80?

Thanks

Dov

August 29th, 2015 5:04pm

Did you restart the SQL Server Reporting Services service?
August 29th, 2015 11:03pm

Yes.

Question.

If I keep IIS using port 80 and then install again  SQL server  will the TCP take over the port 80? 

if not I can do it and then just move IIs port to 8080.

I know there is away to sse all ports state at the same time. How get there???

Thanks 

Dov

August 30th, 2015 8:16am

Whatever port you specify for SQL Server Reporting Services will be persistent and not change unless you manually reconfigure it.  This generally applies to other applications as well, Apache, IIS, etc.

Note that SQL Server Reporting Services (at least newer versions) does not use IIS. Not sure how IIS is involved since you mentioned only Apache in your question.  The bottom line is that each application that listens on a port (SSRS, Apache, IIS) needs a port number that doesn't conflict with the other applications running on the server.

August 30th, 2015 9:03am

the IIS was installed before and realy the 2 programs dont use it.

Since I have now port 80 and port 81 listening, how do I manualy Remove the 80 port.

the program informed me that port 80 was removed.

May be  the question is how do I install SQL server 2012 after Wampserver is installed 

Thanks

Dov

August 30th, 2015 9:38am

the IIS was installed before and realy the 2 programs dont use it.

Since I have now port 80 and port 81 listening, how do I manualy Remove the 80 port.

the program informed me that port 80 was removed.

Since you've already reconfigured SSRS, I would expect the process listening on port 80 to be either ISS or Apache.  If you don't use IIS, then just disable that service.  That would leave SSRS listening on 81 and Apache (WampSevvice) on 80, which is what I think you want.

August 30th, 2015 9:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics