SQL Server 2008 R2 Backup jobs are failing

I have a problem with SQL Server 2008 R2. First the management studio package is failing to load. backup jobs on that server are failing to run. The server won't accept any installation. The Installation of .Net Framework failed, the Installation of SQL server 2008 R2 SP2 also failed, Trying to repair SQL Server through the CD also failed. Actually the server cannot install anything on it. When you try to initiate the installation it comes back and say check online for solution or close the program.

I am desperate here as I cannot backup

June 23rd, 2014 6:47am

Please share any error messages you have

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 23rd, 2014 7:59am

When you try to initiate the installation it comes back and say check online for solution or close the program.

Are you sure this is the error, I updated SP2 last week and I got the same message but if I remember correctly there was a continue button as well. Could you post the errors.

SP2 not installing, .net framework not installing, ssms not loading up and backups not running all could be due to different issues. Consider these as different and post error message that you are receiving for the issue which is most important for you.

June 23rd, 2014 8:18am

The Installation of .Net Framework failed, the Installation of SQL server 2008 R2 SP2 also failed, 

Futhi, First Install .Net framework.

if window 2008 R2 :- 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlblog/archive/2010/01/08/how-to-install-net-framework-3-5-sp1-on-windows-server-2008-r2-environments.aspx  

if window 2008 :- 

On Windows Server 2008, if you need to run scripts for cache configuration, or if you want to run cache configuration cmdlets from any PowerShell console, install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Note that .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is automatically installed on Windows Server 2008 R2.

----Script -----

using System;

using System.Diagnostics;

namespace PrerequisiteHelper

{

class Program

{

static void Main(string[] args)

{

ProcessStartInfo startInfo = new ProcessStartInfo();

startInfo.FileName = "powershell.exe";

startInfo.Arguments = "Import-Module ServerManager ; Add-WindowsFeature as-net-framework";

startInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;

startInfo.UseShellExecute = true;

Process p = new Process();

p.StartInfo = startInfo;

p.Start();

p.WaitForExit();

}

}

}

source: community.flexerasoftware.com/.../index.php

2) You can use 

one single line can do it, and you can put it in your batch file:

powershell "Import-Module ServerManager; Add-WindowsFeature as-net-framework"

----------

Check and confirm.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 3rd, 2015 7:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics