SQL Reporting Services install

I've installed 2 SCOM 2012 management servers. I now need to install SQL reporting services. Can I install this on a seperate server (not the management server or the SQL server where the database will be)?

I asked the SQL team if i could install SQL reporting services on the SQL servers where all the databases are held and they don't want this done so need to install on a seperate box but can't find any notes what says this is possible

March 23rd, 2015 7:17am

Hello,

To install the Reporting Service, you must install this service on the server where the Reporting Services databases are stored. 

Florent

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 23rd, 2015 7:45am

Hi Leelse,

Please take look at http://1staff.com/Blog/post/2012/11/05/How-to-Install-Operations-Manager-Reporting-Server.aspx to install and configure reporting services for scom.

Greetings Roel Knippen

March 23rd, 2015 8:17am

this says states the below, so does this mean it does not need to go on the SQL server where the databases are held?

""""Although SQL Server Reporting Service is installed on a stand-alone server"""""

or am i confused...

SQL reporting services is not the same as "reporting server" for SCOM

therefore SQL reporting services is installed on the SQL server where the databases are held???

"reporting server for SCOM" can be installed on it's own seperate server????

March 23rd, 2015 10:15am

Hi Leelse,

You can install SQL reporting services in the MS & and then install the SCOM reporting on it, How ever i would suggest you use a the SQL server, As it may overload the MS.

Also note that if you install the SQL reporting on a different box or MS then it mst be the same version of SQL which is being used for the Database engine services, As different versions of SQL for SCOM features are not supported.

March 23rd, 2015 3:27pm

Hi,

SCOM reporting server role should be installed on a SQL server where SQL reporting services is installed.

Please also refer to the article below:

How to Install the Operations Manager Reporting Server

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh298611.aspx

Regards,

Yan Li

March 25th, 2015 1:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics