SQL MP 6.6.0.0 - Ready for prod or not?

The latest SQL MP has problems but most MPs do have issues as each new MP will say minor bug fixes in its change log.

Is the 6.6.0.0 release ready for production use or should it be avoided.  I know the dashboarding feature will die.  Are we gaining more then we are loosing with this version over the previous.  As far as I know there isn't a bug list posted for an MP so I am not sure what people have all found to not work.

September 9th, 2015 1:01pm

Outside of the dashboards which have well documented issues, it depends how important the following are to you:

New features and fixes:
  • Dashboards were replaced with the new ones
  • Components of replication functionality are deprecated and disabled by default
  • SPN monitor now correctly handles disjoined namespaces
  • Added support for filegroups containing filestreams and partition schemes
  • Memory Consumption monitor has been fixed
  • Upgradeability from 6.4.1.0 version is supported
  • Added CPU Usage monitor and rule for SQL Server 2005
  • Added ConsecutiveSamples Condition to the Buffer Cache Hit Ratio and Page Life Expectancy monitors
  • AlwaysOn discovery was reworked
  • Minor fixes.

For the dashboards. A workaround for the timeouts is to run the relevant stored procedure manually. There is no supported workaround for the fact that non-SCOM Admins can't see the top level dashboard and that will require an MP update to fix.

Regards

Graham

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 5:02pm

Where can I see the documented issues with the current version? It would be great if they would list these next to the New feature and fixes.  To make a good decision its best to understand both sides. 
September 9th, 2015 6:11pm

sql server 2014 MP still not fixed

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/838ae74e-5786-4b1c-8771-818e3e8e23e4/microsoft-sql-server-2014-monitoring-cannot-log-into-database-error-for-log-ship-destination-dbs?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks#ab47297f-0e37-47c5-98c1-09d44a6ce59c

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 4:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics