SQL Azure Replication

My company is planning to move some of our applications to the cloud using Azure platform. We are also planning to use SQL Azure as our production database. My immediate concern is how do we replicate the production data (SQL Azure) to our reporting server (currently SQL Server 2005 Standard, will be SQL Server 2008 Enterprise within 3 months), since we only keep a minimum amount of data on the production server but we keep everything on our reporting server? Our current setup uses SQL Server replication for this purpose.

Also, I have seen this article on the internet and would like to get answers on the issues raised, for example backup/restore, reporting/analysis services, and of course replication.

Thanks.

January 27th, 2011 9:50pm

Hi AMF,

SQL Azure Data Sync CTP2 seems like it would provide the data synchronization you need between SQL Server and SQL Azure.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/SQLAzure/datasync.aspx

Feel free to email me directly (Liam.Cavanagh AT microsoft.com) if I can be of help here.

Liam

January 28th, 2011 12:16am

Are there any plans to add the capabilities to sync SQL Azure DBs and on premise non-MS DBs such as Oracle? Thanks.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2011 1:26am

I want to have information about this, the link is broken.

Thanks,

Eva Janakieff

April 21st, 2015 5:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics