SQL Azure Data sync not completing schema update

I deleted a sync group thinking I would be able to easily recreate it. However I now can't get the schema refresh to complete. As this facility is STILL in preview...of course there is no support and no logs or error messages of any kind to try and diagnose the problem!

I have a small database (less than 200MB and 50 tables) which was syncing fine before I deleted the sync group. I have even copied the database to a new server in Azure, excluding any DataSync schema objects. Still no good.

I have created an empty premise side database with a new sync agent. This did schema refresh! However still nothing when pointing to the azure database.

I have de-provisioned manually both the azure database and the on-premise one. I have ensured that the both databases had no objects in the DataSync schema. Then created a new sync group and still cannot get the schema to refresh.

This is fast becoming desperate. Any

June 24th, 2013 6:39pm

Bizarrely I can get a schema from the on-premise client, but not from the on Azure database!!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2013 7:10pm

Hi Nicholas,

In my experience I've found that trying to setup a sync against anything but an empty database causes significant issues.  Data Sync seems to have significant problems when it comes to creating the relevant sync config if there is an existing schema or data.

Denis

June 25th, 2013 2:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics