SQL Azure Auditing: How to create secure connection string

Hello,

I'm using a Basic V12 database and I want to use the Auditing tool provided in the Azure portal. I activated auditing, but the logs are not saved in my storage. The reasons seems to be that I don't have a secure connection string. All tutorials say that I have to set the option "security enabled access" to "required" otherwise my log data are not stored in the BLOB storage. Unfortunately, I can not find this option in the Azure portals. When I check my connection strings I can see that ".secure." is not included and I'm still using the "old" standard connection strings. How can I switch my system to use security enabled connection strings?

Kind regards,
Wiebke

Region: West Europe, Database: V12 (BASIC), Storage: West Europe

September 4th, 2015 4:08am

Hi Wibi - to find the steps to set the option "security enabled access" to "required" please see the following tutorial [link].  Additionally, in your application where you create your connection to YourServer.database.windows.net you need to change that part of the connection string to YourServer.database.secure.windows.net.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2015 10:21am

Hi Wibi - to find the steps to set the option "security enabled access" to "required" please see the following tutorial [link].  Additionally, in your application where you create your connection to YourServer.database.windows.net you need to change that part of the connection string to YourServer.database.secure.windows.net.
September 4th, 2015 10:23am

September 4th, 2015 2:20pm

Hi Wiebke,

Please note that if you have new SQL Azure server (from the last couple of weeks) then the secure connection string is not needed anymore. Also the option of changing "security enabled access" to "required" should not be in your UI anymore. It should just work with your regular connection string.

Are you sure you searched your azure storage for new Tables and not just Blobs? if so, you might want to open a ticket with Azure Support as it should just work.

Thanks, Tomer (MSFT).

• Marked as answer by Wibi 19 hours 56 minutes ago
September 6th, 2015 3:43am

Hi Wiebke,

Please note that if you have new SQL Azure server (from the last couple of weeks) then the secure connection string is not needed anymore. Also the option of changing "security enabled access" to "required" should not be in your UI anymore. It should just work with your regular connection string.

Are you sure you searched your azure storage for new Tables and not just Blobs? if so, you might want to open a ticket with Azure Support as it should just work.

Thanks, Tomer (MSFT).

• Marked as answer by Wibi 20 hours 6 minutes ago
September 6th, 2015 3:43am

I just got confused by this tutorial and thought that I have to set the secure option. I have the new version and don't need to set the connection strings explicitly. Tables are there now (I just wasn't waiting long enough...).

Thank you for your help!

September 6th, 2015 7:13am

Hi Wiebke,

Thanks, Tomer (MSFT).

• Marked as answer by Wibi Sunday, September 06, 2015 11:09 AM
September 6th, 2015 7:42am

Hi Wiebke,

Thanks, Tomer (MSFT).

• Marked as answer by Wibi Sunday, September 06, 2015 11:09 AM
September 6th, 2015 7:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics