SQL Azure

Hi,

I am currently working as a SQL DBA (9Yrs Exp). Now i am planning to learn SQL Azure too.

Need suggestions like, how to start SQL AZURE from basics to advance?

January 26th, 2015 1:44am

Welcome! Here are a few places to start. In my humble opinion, the best way to learn more about SQL Database, and how it differs from SQL Server, is simply to use the service.

• Getting started with Azure SQL Database [link]
  • SQL Database documentation [link]
  • SQL Database blog [link]; most notably:Preview Available for Latest Version of Azure SQL Database [link]
  • SQL Server versus SQL Database [link]
  • Performance in the new Azure SQL Database Service Tiers [link] and performance metrics [link]
  • Back-up and restore [link], Geo-DR [link], Elastic Scale [link], security [link]

If there are any specific content areas you are looking for, please let us know.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 26th, 2015 2:22am

Welcome! Here are a few places to start. In my humble opinion, the best way to learn more about SQL Database, and how it differs from SQL Server, is simply to use the service.

• Getting started with Azure SQL Database [link]
  • SQL Database documentation [link]
  • SQL Database blog [link]; most notably:Preview Available for Latest Version of Azure SQL Database [link]
  • SQL Server versus SQL Database [link]
  • Performance in the new Azure SQL Database Service Tiers [link] and performance metrics [link]
  • Back-up and restore [link], Geo-DR [link], Elastic Scale [link], security [link]

If there are any specific content areas you are looking for, please let us know.

January 26th, 2015 2:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics