SQL Adapter Crashes with large XML set returned by SQL stored procedure

Hello everyone. I'm running BizTalk Server 2009 32 bit on Windows Server 2008 R2 with 8 GB of memory.

I have a Receive Port with the Transport Type being SQL and the Receive Pipeline being XML Receive.

I have a Send Port which processes the XML from this Receive Port and creates an HIPAA 834 file.

Once a large file is created (approximately 1.6 GB in XML format, 32 MB in EDI form), a second file 1.7 GB fails to create.

I get the following error in the Event Viewer:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: BizTalk Server 2009
Event Category: (1)
Event ID: 5740
Date:  10/28/2014
Time:  7:15:31 PM
User:  N/A
The adapter "SQL" raised an error message. Details "HRESULT="0x80004005" Description="Unspecified error"
".

Is there a way to change some BizTalk server settings to help in the processing of this large XML set without the SQL adapter crashing?

Paul

• Edited by piancu Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:45 PM
October 29th, 2014 7:44pm

Could you check Sql Profiler to trace or determine if you are facing deadlock?

Is your Adapter running under 64 bits?

Have you studied the possibility of using SqlBulkInser Adapter?

http://blogs.objectsharp.com/post/2005/10/23/Processing-a-Large-Flat-File-Message-with-BizTalk-and-the-SqlBulkInsert-Adapter.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 29th, 2014 8:09pm

When you try to process a message of more than 1.6 GB your BizTalk Environment will go into inconsistent state .

so the behavior of adapter is normal  as you are not doing any transaction activity instead of doing some bulk data transfer for which biz Talk is not suited tool .

I would suggest to look into your Architecture flow and divide the incoming request into smaller chunks which will server  Business Transactional requirement  .

Thanks

Abhishek

October 29th, 2014 9:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics