SPAWN command for Win Srv 2003 R2
First off,does the SPAWN command still exist for WinSrv03 R2 and if not ... what can be used in its place.Also would like to know"if" an alternate command or workaround exists, how wouldI code it to spawn the desired bacth file and NOT lock the current batch file from which it was executed.Thanks!
December 19th, 2008 10:04pm

The spawn command no longer exists in Windows Server.I'm not sure the results you are looking for, but you could try:start /B commandReplace command with your batch file
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 20th, 2008 12:28am

Thanks for the info.Do you know if this will start the batch file and continue running OR will the "started batch" have to finish before the executing batch will continue processing.What I am looking for is to have my main bat file execute a few commands then fire off the bat file I wanted to "spawn" and continue the rest of the main bat file commands while the "spawned" bat file was off doing its intended tasks.
December 20th, 2008 7:12pm

Hi, You can use invoke command call to invoke the bat file you want to use. Here is the example: --------------------- Copy xxxx.txt Call 111.bat Rename xxxx.exe --------------------- Best regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 22nd, 2008 2:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics