SOME SERVICES STOP AUTOMATICALLY IF THEY ARE NOT IN USE BY OTHER SERVICES OR PROGRAMS
I currently install a software that needs to have a services run in order to for the license to be detected.When i run the services manually i got this error message 'THE UBSLAN_LDR SERVICE ON LOCAL COMPUTER STARTED AND THEN STOPPED.SOME SERVICES STOP AUTOMATICALLY IF THEY ARE NOT IN USE BY OTHER SERVICES OR PROGRAMS' What can cause this and solution please
June 25th, 2010 5:54am

It is as the message explains. Service control can be from other process. If there's a license issue I'd take it up with the software vendor. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2010 6:26am

Checked with the vendor.They say its not a problem from their side and has something to do with windows 2008 server settings.
June 26th, 2010 4:06am

We still don't know what the problem is. Are there details? What is the current service startup type? What are the recommendations of the vendor? Event log errors? Application errors? Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
June 26th, 2010 5:26am

Hi kuados , Thanks for posting here. After reading your posting I understand that when you establish USBLAN_LDR service on windows server 2008, system prompt an error message. According the information what you provided right now, it’s hard to determine what cause this issue, you may like to post more information about your environment (Event log ,Other System prompting etc… ). Please check if it worked with assign a Local System account instead of Local Service account to run this service. · Open service MMC snap-in. · Right UBSLAN_LDR service , and click “properties”. · Click “Log on” tab , and assign a local account for running this services. Seems this issue related to a third party software, I suggest to consult software vendor for future troubleshooting. Please understand that I don't mean to bounce you between different solution provider as I am fully aware how time consuming this can be. However, they really are in a better position to be able to assist you with this issue as they may have experienced similar issues. Thanks for your understanding. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 28th, 2010 5:44am

Here is the solution http://srinivasganaparthi.blogspot.com/2011/02/service-on-local-computer-started-and.html
February 5th, 2011 2:43am

Here is the solution http://srinivasganaparthi.blogspot.com/2011/02/service-on-local-computer-started-and.html
February 5th, 2011 10:37am

Thanks Tiger Li, Assiging a local account resolved my issue.
May 10th, 2011 8:13pm

Check your App.config file if any for any wrong setting or some invalid entry. I got the same issue because of thatULLAS
June 29th, 2011 5:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics