SNMP Trap Agent address
Hello, I am currently working on a system where a Window Server is sending SNMP Traps to an external system (a Network Management System). A router is NAT'ing the ethernet messages from our system to the external system, changing the IP of the message. Unfortunately, the external system makes use of an IP-address stored inside the SNMP Trap, the Agent Address, but this address is not NAT'ed by the router (Since it is part of the SNMP Trap data). Since the address is not NAT'ed, the external system can not make use of the address and does not know "where" the trap came from. The external system does not support using the ip-address of ethernet message itself. Does anyone know if there is a way to change this address? Our custom SNMP Agent running on the Windows Server sends the data, but not the ip-address, for the SNMP service to make traps from. It seems the Windows SNMP service just uses the machine's own IP-address. I have not found a registry setting for altering the address. Is it possible? I would appreciate any hints/help you may have :-) Regards,DT
January 25th, 2010 4:39pm

I am also searching for a solution to this problem. Does anyone know how to go about this?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2010 1:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics